Skip to main content

Deciem Review Series - Hylamide - Pore Delete


Welcome back! Today I'm doing something a little different and  reviewing a product from another of the Deciem brands -  Hylamide.  This product is called Pore Delete;  it's an interesting little number from their 'Finisher Series' range.  If you're interested in finding out more about it, please read on.

The Hylamide range is a little pricier than The Ordinary, though still quite budget friendly - this product was AU$24.99 for 30ml of product.  If you're looking to buy it in Australia, I know that it's stocked at Priceline.  The claims of this product are that when used after skincare (also after liquid foundation but before powder products), it gives an immediate blurring effect; minimising pores, shine and fine lines.  It's recommended for oily skin types with prominent pores (two hands way up here!).

As you can see, the Hylamide packaging is quite different to The Ordinary.  This product comes in a plastic bottle, with a top that you twist to open.  The liquid is dispensed through the nozzle at the top. Important to note - this product is quite runny, and a little goes a *really* long way!  I'd advise being very careful when pouring this - start with just a couple of drops and then work up to more (if necessary).

I wasn't sure what to expect when I tried this, as I'd read some mixed reviews.  Nothing that I'd read actually prepared me for how incredible....and also awful.....this product could be.  So first, with the awesome stuff.  On bare skin (e.g.. you've done your skincare and sunscreen, but no foundation), this stuff is actual magic.  Seriously.  I put this on and was utterly blown away.  My pores and shininess were gone.  Not just blurred, I mean absolutely smooth, like I'd been really vigorous with the retouch tool in photoshop.  It was a little freaky actually!  I had to keep looking at it, it was so strange (and awesome).  It's worth noting however, that there's a fine line between just right and too much - you have to be sparing with this stuff, or it can behave badly.  Which leads me to the bad.... I've tried a number of times to get this to work with foundation, bb cream, cc cream, etc - nope.  Just no.  It gets messy, pilly and just blergh.  But you know what - I don't really care - if I want to have a bare skin day (which, honestly is most days!), Pore Delete is a magic wand.

One caveat - this works amazingly for me, but even on my oily skin, this is *really* mattifying, perhaps even a little drying.  I would only recommend for someone with oily skin and large pores.  On drier skin, I suspect this could be a bit chalky looking.  But if you're an oily skin gal (or guy), 10/10 would recommend :)

Comments