Skip to main content

The Ordinary - Champagne taste on a beer budget



So....lets talk about The Ordinary.   I first heard about this brand last year from the fabulous Wayne Goss, via his Youtube channel.  He was really quite enthusiastic about it, which struck me as kind of cool, so I set out to gather more information before deciding if I would try some of these products out.

As it turns out, this wasn't difficult - there's been a huge amount of buzz all over the internet about the brand, and it's not hard to see why.  The products are completely transparent in what they're for, are full of proven active ingredients and the price point is spectacularly low.  I'm on quite a tight budget, so the price point is kind of a big deal to me ;)

I started small, picking up the Matrixyl 10% + HA and the Lactic 10% + HA 2%.  I found these in-store at Myer and paid the princely sum of $33 odd for both.  I had my fingers crossed that these would work well for me and they certainly haven't disappointed.

Since dipping my toes in with these two, I've ordered and received *a few* more from Adore Beauty (big shout out to this store, amazing service!) and am currently planning my next The Ordinary purchases.  It's quite exciting being able to experiment and try out different products, without worrying about a huge cash outlay!  My skin can be quite touchy and is very prone to break-outs, so purchasing something pricy that might not work is...well, a little scary.

I've seen quite a number of reviews of The Ordinary on Youtube, but if you're looking for a  thorough review of the range from someone who really knows her stuff, you should check out the channel Gothamista.  Renee is an absolute delight to watch, I must confess I've binge watched her skincare reviews quite a bit *blush*.

I'm going to do a series of first impressions on these products, which I can add to over time.  I'll then come back at intervals with updates as to how each product is performing, and differences I'm noticing with my skin.  The first product that I'm planning to do a first impression review on is one of the most polarising of the range - the Vitamin C suspension 23% + HA spheres.  If there's a particular product that anyone would like to hear about, drop me a comment and I'll see what I can do!

Oh, a heads up for my fellow Aussie beauties - you can find some of this range instore at Myer and I suspect there will be a few of the products available in Priceline very soon (I actually saw the price tags up in my local Priceline, but no stock yet).  You can also find it online within Australia at Priceline and Adore Beauty.

Have a great day, wherever you are!

Comments