Skip to main content

Deciem Review Series - The Ordinary - Argireline Solution 10% - First Impressions





Welcome back, or if you're new here, hi!  I'm Mandy, and today I'll be continuing my series of reviews on skincare products from The Ordinary, the most budget friendly of the Deciem brands.  If you're interested in hearing my first impressions of the Argireline Solution 10%, please keep reading.

This is one of the products that I was really intrigued by, and excited to try.  A product that directly targets dynamic lines?  Yes please!  This is a water based peptide solution, which is specifically aimed at improving the appearance of dynamic facial lines - crows feet, the dreaded '11's', forehead wrinkles, etcetera. Argireline is a proprietary solution of Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (trademarked by Lipotec), which apparently has controlled studies backing up it's claims of efficacy.  I've seen some really mixed reviews on this product, so of course it's time for me to weigh in ;)

This product comes packaged in the usual frosted glass bottle, as per many of the products from this brand.  As I've noted previously, I love these bottles - they're simple to use, hygienic and look elegant. The Argireline 10% is a clear, watery solution - I initially found it tricky getting it from dropper to face without wastage - eventually I discovered that it's actually easiest to drop it directly onto the forehead and pat in, then drop a little onto your fingertips for patting into the eye area.  If you drop it into your palm, it seems to just disappear before you can get it to your face! Once I overcame the initial issues with getting product from bottle to face without waste, it was pleasant to apply, seeming to just disappear into the skin with no tackiness after application. At AU$13.90 for 30ml of product, this is around mid-range pricewise for a product from The Ordinary, but in general terms of skincare products, very budget friendly.

It seems that a number of people have not experienced any results, positive or negative, from this product.  I can state categorically, that has not been the case for me.  I had immediately noticeable positive results, it was a bit jaw-dropping actually.  I've noted previously that I have an expressive face, with maturing skin, so when I could see right after application that dynamic lines just weren't happening as much and seemed kind of 'smoothed out'? I was pretty excited!  With daily use, this has continued to perform well, and I haven't had any kind of negative reaction, breakouts or sensitivity thus far.  I do feel that it has improved the appearance of my dynamic facial lines overall, but will continue to use and report back after a longer testing time.

Overall, I'm really happy with the Argireline 10% solution - I'll definitely be repurchasing it.  The obvious positive is seeing results from use, without any skin irritation or breakouts.  The only negative I'd note is the somewhat fiddly application due to how liquid the product is....a very minor issue I feel, for an excellent product.  It's also worth noting that this product has a very specific use - it only targets dynamic facial lines - so it may disappoint you  if this isn't a skin concern that you have.

Thanks for reading!


Comments