Skip to main content

Deciem Review Series - The Ordinary - Matrixyl 10% + HA - First Impressions


Well, I've definitely been a little slow getting to my next review in the Deciem series.  Apologies, life sometimes gets in the way of my best intentions, with it's merry-go-round of sick kiddies and various appointments.  Ah, family life!

So, without further ado, lets get into my next review;  this time we're talking about the Matrixyl 10% + HA, from The Ordinary.

First up, a quick rundown of what this product is, and what it targets.  This is a peptide and HA formulation; it contains two kinds of Matrixyl (a peptide formulation developed by a company called Sederma) in a Hyaluronic Acid base. As with all products from Deciem, this one is cruelty free;  I believe it's also vegan.  The products purpose is to target wrinkles, so for someone with ageing skin (aka me), this certainly seems a worthwhile product to try.

Now, for my first impressions of this particular serum.  I must confess that when I was planning out my initial haul, this particular product wasn't high on my list, as I'd originally planned to grab the Buffet instead.  However, the store that I went to and purchased my initial lot of products from, didn't have Buffet in stock.  As it turns out, this was serendipitous, as I really enjoy using this product!  It's a twice daily part of my regime and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

As with all products from The Ordinary, this one comes in sleek, minimalist packaging.  As it's a serum formulation, it's in the frosted glass bottle format.  I'm quite partial to this, as I can see exactly how much product is left, plus the dropper keeps things sanitary when dispensing product.  The actual formulation is quite liquid, it spreads easily across the skin and a little goes a long way!

It has no discernible scent and absorbs quickly, leaving no tacky feeling after application.  I've not noticed any kind of irritation from this product (though to be honest, I hadn't expected to).  It layers beautifully with the other products also.  I really don't have anything negative to report with this product, to be honest - it feels gorgeous on the skin.

As far as results, I've definitely noticed a plumping and smoothing effect, which was evident from quite early on.  I have to note though,  I think this product really shines when used in the undereye area, prior to eye cream.  I haven't noticed any adverse effects using it under the eyes, but obviously some caution is advised, particularly for those with sensitive skin.  I initially had the idea to focus it on the undereye area, after Renee from Gothamista mentioned it as being akin to the Amore Pacific eye essence, which is high praise indeed!

At AU$19.90 this is one of the pricier offerings from The Ordinary, but if anti-ageing and wrinkle treatment is what you're after, it's certainly worth a try.  Given how little you need to use, you definitely get plenty of bang for your buck! Definitely recommended.







Comments