Skip to main content

Finally....a new blog post

Yes, yes, I know - it's been a really long time since my last post :S  Ah well, no point making excuses, it's been a bit of a dry time, creatively speaking.  Though, that's not to say that I haven't done anything crafty, because I have!  I just haven't felt that it was terribly blogworthy ;)  However, the urge to *make stuff* has reemerged, (yay!) and I finally have something that seems to warrant a picture, at the very least.

Presenting - the portrait that I've been working on for a very long time....  this is actually my grandfather, back when he was very young.  I'm the keeper of most of the family pictures from my dad's side of the family, so I used an old photograph as a reference picture.  It's not 100% finished yet, but pretty close.








 And here is the sum total of equipment used to do this picture.  Yep, that's right - a pacer and a piece of blu-tack :P  That's all that you need ;)  And maybe some fixative, once you've finished.

Here's a little painting that I whipped up, just to fill a spot on the wall, it was quick and fun to do.

And here's some fluffy cotton bolls, that I grew in the garden and am now spinning, when I get a chance.  It's fun too - though quick?  Not so much.

I've also recently made new stripy quilts for Lily and Jackson, though I now know that the very definition of insanity is using only knit fabrics to make a quilt :S  And I made two.....oh dear.

I have some grand plans brewing to make an art quilt.....have also just cast on a Shalom....boy, I'm going to be busy!

Comments