Skip to main content

Lily's Magical Tea Party

 2011 is Lily's first year at school (prep), so for her birthday we did the unthinkable - we invited her entire class to our home for her 5th birthday!  Now, we decided only 3 weeks out from her birthday that we'd do this, hence the complete silence from me on my usual forums and here on the blog - I've been working like a demon to put this 'Fairy tea party' themed do together (with a little help from the amazing Mr J of course ;)  )  The party was yesterday, and while we are still in clean-up mode, it all went really well!  Lily had a wonderful time with her classmates and family (around half of her class came - that's a lot of 5 and 6 year olds!) and we had loads of positive feedback from parents and kids alike :)  My favourite part of the day was definitely the pinata - I almost split my sides from laughing so hard, it was just adorable!  I over-catered of course (lets face it, it beats the hell out of under-catering), so the fridge is full of party goodies :P We have another birthday coming up in a few weeks time (Jackson is turning 2! ), but I do believe we'll keep that one a nice sedate family do!  I'm thinking a dinosaur theme....any cool ideas appreciated!   Pictures definitely speak louder than words, so here's some pics of Princess Lily's magical tea party.


















Comments

  1. Beautiful Mandy... I bow down to you... inviting a whole class is waaaaay beyond me! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, lovely one :) I think it was a little beyond me also...but I did it anyway :P Now I need a little recovery time lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous & happy birthday in your household. Yay for big families, ditto, enjoying that teen journey too, love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! Yes, I love my big family too - challenges and rewards abound :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to comment!