Skip to main content

Latest spinning efforts


I've been doing quite a bit of spinning lately - it's incredibly addictive! I've been trying loads of different fibres, and have even managed to spin some 'not too bad' singles :) My fave so far has been spinning silk - a bit slippery and tricky, but oh so soft! I even spun some camel - super fine, soft and fluffy, but with a reasonably long staple (in comparison to cotton anyway lol) so quite nice to spin. Currently on the wheel is some hand dyed cotton top - nicely prepared and fairly long staple (for cotton), but a little frustrating to spin, after just spin some gorgeous tussah silk top :P

Comments

  1. How fabulous! Yes totally addictive, I've been bitten too :) Are you learning on your own too? I've been downloading some great videos from Interweave and they really have helped with my spin control. It's just so invigorating learning a new skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, learning on my own :) I've been doing a lot of reading and lots of practice! My first spins were on alpaca rather than wool, I'm enjoying exploring the more unusual or exotic fibres now too. My next thing to try is weaving on the super cool vintage mini-loom that I found in the op shop ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are going to be addicted to weaving too! I'd love to see a post on the mini loom you have..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, there's a thought - I'll post a pic of my wee loom up on Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to comment!