Skip to main content

The bathroom and The Twins

Sounds very cryptic, doesn't it? Perhaps because there is no relationship whatsoever between the bathroom renovation and my special mystery project, aka 'The Twins'

In bathroom reno news - we're almost done! woohoo! Here are some pics of the marathon effort by J, and our dear friend M, that is the new bathroom. I love it, of course- just a few bits and pieces to do, and it's complete :)
And The Twins. I first had the idea for this one some months ago - the picture for the centre panel of this quilt popped into my head and refused to leave. Hence, I had to put it down on paper, then proceed to make it. While in the process of making the centre panel, I realised that what it really wanted to be was a quilt. I then set about designing said quilt and making it. Needless to say, what initally was a 'relatively' simple project, became quite a bit bigger than I'd planned. Most of it is fabric that I hand dyed specifically for the project, there is fairly extensive applique (lol) and I quilted it (with the exception of the centre panel) in free motion stitching. I wanted a specific look for the centre panel, so did that in a straight stitch. I'm quite pleased with the result - this is my fourth quilt, so I'm just starting to get a handle on the process of making a quilt and do things my own way (as I do :P )

The Twins is now with a loving new home - it was inspired by and created for a most lovely lady, and her gorgeous girls - one with her feet on the ground, the other forever flying on butterfly wings.

Comments

  1. Just beautiful Mandy and yes..... there were a couple of tears. I bet there were even more at the squishy ones home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful, generous thing I have ever seen Mandy - I know the new owner will feel totally blessed to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've come here from a link shared by the recipient of your lovely handiwork... beautifully and lovingly done...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Mandy well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the most beautiful quilt I have ever seen, you are so kind and thoughtful to have made it for her xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by to comment!